Join the Team
Our Club has an outstanding reputation for its commitment to excellence in the quality of services and experiences we provide to our members. It is our goal to ensure that an excellent level of service be maintained at all times. If you are a highly motivated and energetic person looking to help us achieve our mission of gracious hospitality, consider applying for a job with our Club. It is our goal to provide a high standard of service to our membership.
If you are interested in filling out a general application to be considered for employment, please click the button below.
Servers (Waitstaff) – Grille / Dining Room Restaurants and Banquets
Availability & Schedule:
We are seeking individuals with flexibility but specifically daytime availability. All servers must be available to work most weekends and holidays.
Maintaining proper standards of server attire, set up before meal service, greet the party and record the name and account number of the member(s), exhibit a thorough knowledge of the Club menu and daily specials, take meal and beverage orders, provide members with quick and efficient service of food and beverages, exhibit a cheerful and enthusiastic attitude of personalized service to members and guests, perform any other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on an as needed basis
Must be able to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds, and withstand occasional variances in temperature. Lifting, such as carrying heavy trays of food and beverages, is required. Due to DABCC alcohol serving laws, workers must be at least 19 years of age to be a Server.
Dining Room Manager
About the Position:
Our Dining Room Manager is a dynamic leader, one who leads our restaurant staff by providing the highest standard of service and hospitality to Club members and their guests. Operating closely with the culinary team, you will maintain service standards, training and inspiration of food and beverage staff. He/She also assists with holidays and special dining room events as well as the training of restaurant staff. The Dining Room Manager supervises and applies the mission and vision of the Club to ensure that the requests of Club members and guests are consistently exceeded.
Candidates must be personable, energetic, positive and highly motivated, possessing the ability to maintain organization and multi-task in a high pressure environment while exceeding expectations of an exclusive membership.
- Provide the highest quality service and product to satisfy the membership and guests.
- Actively participate in the restaurant operation providing continuous direction to staff and ensuring service standards are met consistently.
- Lead a daily line-up meeting with staff to communicate to all front-of-house staff all pertinent information including: special events, policies and guidelines.
- Assure scheduled staff is present, knowledgeable in that day’s duties, and is performing their duties in accordance with established standards.
- Ensure equitable, timely, and complete opening and closing duties are accomplished
- Ensure shift paperwork is timely, complete, and processed according to policy.
- Supervises and trains the Dining Room Staff to Country Club standards of excellence.
- Inspect dining room, table settings, chairs, floors, proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety. Takes immediate action to correct any issues.
- Check tables throughout service times for Member satisfaction, resolve Member/guest complaints.
- Enforce Club rules, regulations and policies. Act as initial contact for disciplinary actions. Assure that actions are consistent and accurate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Attitude & Skills
- Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate the Members and exceed their expectations.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of the Club and the Members.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm for the job and for the Club.
- Professional, articulate, friendly, and punctual.
- Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining calm, providing attention to detail; ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in computer skills including POS systems (Jonas preferred), Word and Excel.
- Professional appearance appropriate for a premier country club.
- Restaurant Management for a minimum of 2 years
- Fine Dining and Beverage Service preferred
- Working Knowledge of Food, Wine, Spirits
- Full time flexible hours are required (able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays)
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we unfortunately cannot reply to everyone. You will be contacted should your qualifications be a match for our openings. Thank you for your interest in Wilmington Country Club. If you are in need of a Spanish translated application please click the button below.