Join the Team
Our Club has an outstanding reputation for its commitment to excellence in the quality of services and experiences we provide to our members. It is our goal to ensure that an excellent level of service be maintained at all times. If you are a highly motivated and energetic person looking to help us achieve our mission of gracious hospitality, consider applying for a job with our Club. It is our goal to provide a high standard of service to our membership.
If you are interested in filling out a general application to be considered for employment, please click the button below. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we, unfortunately, cannot reply to everyone. You will be contacted should your qualifications be a match for our openings. Thank you for your interest in Wilmington Country Club.
• Deliver a consistently high level of service to our members and their guests.
• Take drink orders and be knowledgeable of any drink or bar specials.
• Keep bar area clean and maintain liquor and bar supplies throughout your shift.
• Support wait staff as necessary with beverage orders.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• At least 2 years of bartending experience
• Preference would be to have worked in an upscale establishment or private country club
• Must possess DABCC certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of employment
• Must be professional and have a pleasant attitude
• Must have knowledge of Jonas POS system or ability to learn.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holiday shifts.
• Minimum food preparation and serving bar food
• Must be able to bend and ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand and walk for the duration of the work shift.
• Greet all guests, open the vehicle door and explain the valet process.
• Drive vehicle to a specific spot in the valet parking area.
• Provide exceptional customer service to all members and guests.
• Commitment to work schedule
• Must be 19 years of age or older
• Must have a valid DE Driver License
• Must be able to drive manual transmission cars
• Must have a clean driving record
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Full Time Lead Banquet Server
The Wilmington Country Club is looking for a full time LEAD banquet server. This individual must have open availability for day and evening shifts; he/she must be able to work weekends and holidays, as required. This position calls for a person who is open and warm, with strong communication skills and the desire to help others. A positive attitude is essential to this position. This person will have direct communication with our members as well as some supervision of banquet staff.
• Provide assistance to banquet managers to ensure positive guest experience.
• Be the lead in smaller functions and assist the managers in larger functions as a captain.
• Attend pre-function staff meeting to learn function particulars, including guest expectations.
• Set up for all banquet functions – including buffets.
• Serves all food and beverages to banquet guests in the appropriate order and in tune with the expectation of the manager so as to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
• Clears away all dishes and items used in the service of a banquet.
• Replenish beverages when necessary, and check with guests to make sure they are satisfied.
• Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Follows all Wilmington Country Club policies and procedures.
• Arrives for work on time and in full, clean uniform.
• Greets guests in a warm and friendly manner.
• Learn member names, as needed.
• Serve as a leader to help direct coworkers with assigned duties.
• Communicate with banquet manager as well as other servers and event organizers.
• Other duties as assigned by the banquet manager, special events coordinator and the clubhouse manager.
• Country Club and/or Banquet serving experience preferred.
• Bartending experience preferred.
• Be willing to relate cordially with other members of the team and help coworkers with their job duties.
• Possess a basic knowledge of service standards and guest relations.
• Have a working knowledge of traditional culinary cuisine and current culinary trends.
• Possess a basic knowledge of wine and spirits.
• Ability to understand, retain, and carryout directions.