Join the Team
Our Club has an outstanding reputation for its commitment to excellence in the quality of services and experiences we provide to our members. It is our goal to ensure that an excellent level of service be maintained at all times. If you are a highly motivated and energetic person looking to help us achieve our mission of gracious hospitality, consider applying for a job with our Club. It is our goal to provide a high standard of service to our membership.
If you are interested in filling out a general application to be considered for employment, please click the button below. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we, unfortunately, cannot reply to everyone. You will be contacted should your qualifications be a match for our openings. Thank you for your interest in Wilmington Country Club.
Dining Room Supervisor
Our Dining Room supervisor is a dynamic leader, one who leads our restaurant staff by providing the highest standard of service and hospitality to Club members and their guests. Operating closely with the culinary team, you will maintain service standards, training and inspiration of food and beverage staff. He/She also assists with holidays and special dining room events as well as the training of restaurant staff. The Dining Room Supervisor oversees and applies the mission and vision of the Club to ensure that the requests of Club members and guests are consistently exceeded. Candidates must be personable, energetic, positive and highly motivated, possessing the ability to maintain organization and multi-task in a high pressure environment while exceeding expectations of an exclusive membership.
- Provide the highest quality service and product to satisfy the membership and guests.
- Actively participate in the restaurant operation providing continuous direction to staff and ensuring service standards are met consistently.
- Lead a daily line-up meeting with staff to communicate to all front-of-house staff all pertinent information including: special events, policies and guidelines.
- Assure scheduled staff is present, knowledgeable in that day’s duties, and is performing their duties in accordance with established standards.
- Ensure equitable, timely, and complete opening and closing duties are accomplished.
- Ensure shift paperwork is timely, complete, and processed according to policy.
- Supervises and trains the Dining Room Staff to Country Club standards of excellence.
- Inspect dining room, table settings, chairs, floors, proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety. Takes immediate action to correct any issues.
- Check tables throughout service times for Member satisfaction, resolve Member/guest complaints.
- Enforce Club rules, regulations and policies. Act as initial contact for disciplinary actions. Assure that actions are consistent and accurate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Attitude & Skills
- Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate the Members and exceed their expectations.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of the Club and the Members.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm for the job and for the Club.
- Professional, articulate, friendly, and punctual.
- Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining calm, providing attention to detail; ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in computer skills including POS systems (Jonas preferred), Word and Excel.
- Professional appearance appropriate for a premier country club.
- Restaurant Management for a minimum of 2 years preferred
- Fine Dining and Beverage Service preferred
- Working Knowledge of Food, Wine, Spirits
- Full time flexible hours are required (able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays)
Availability and Schedule: We are seeking individuals with flexibility. All servers must be available to work most weekends and holidays. Daytime availability a must
Responsibilities Include: Maintaining proper standards of server attire, setting up before meal service, greeting the party and record the name and account number of the member(s), exhibiting a thorough knowledge of the Club menu and daily specials, taking meal and beverage orders, providing members with quick and efficient service of food and beverages, exhibiting a cheerful and enthusiastic attitude of personalized service to members and guests, performing any other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on an as needed basis
Qualifications: Must be able to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds, and withstand occasional variances in temperature. Lifting, such as carrying heavy trays of food and beverages, is required. Due to DABCC alcohol serving laws, workers must be at least 19 years of age to be a Server
Part Time Receptionist
The ideal candidate must possess a friendly and easy going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. You should be able to deal with complaints in a positive manner and give accurate information. A customer-oriented approach is essential. The goal is to make members and their guests feel comfortable and valued while on our premises.
- Work front desk answering 14 line phone system
- Greet members and guests warmly upon arrival
- Take special events reservations
- Taking dining reservations and orders for members
- Type and distribute Party Arrangement Sheets for events
- Receive and sort postal mail
- Must have at least 1 year of experience as an administrative assistant or receptionist
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent articulation and phone manners
- Familiarity with office machines
- Customer Service oriented and personable with members and guests
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently
- Commitment to work schedule
OTHER REQUIRED NEEDS:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Must be able to bend and ability to lift at least 25 pounds
Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Position
Available from approximately April 1st – November 15th
Various shifts available: 10, 20, 30 & 40 hour work weeks
Hourly positions starting at $13-14 per hour, depending upon experience
- Extended periods of walking, standing, crouching, kneeling and sitting
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Work in all types of weather conditions
- Have reliable transportation (Work day starts before public transportation schedules begin)
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others
- Greet all guests, open the vehicle door and explain the valet process.
- Drive vehicle to a specific spot in the valet parking area.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members and guests.
Other Required Needs:
- Commitment to work schedule
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Must have a valid DE Driver License
- Must be able to drive manual transmission cars
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays